Monday, September 12, 2011

Vanilla Cupcake with Raspberry Frosting

There is cause for great jubilation in my house. Almost a year after I bought my oven, I have finally produced pastry! Yipee!

In my defense, the oven did not exactly just stand there and gather dust. I had used it, but mostly for some of my "lazy" cooking. You know, the type where I get home from work, pop in the pork, chicken or beef into the oven, set it to 250 degrees Celsius and watch television while waiting for the baking to be done. No hassle, less effort and I get to have some me time before my hubby P arrived from work.

I chose this yummy cupcake recipe from http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/. Here is the recipe link.
My friend recommended this to me. She swears by Laura Vitale. All  her baking following her recipe turned out really great (and I can attest to that having been the recipient of a cookie or two (or three or four or five. hehe).

Since it was my first time to bake, I followed the recipe and instructions faithfully. I forgot to add in the milk for the first batch (I had set it aside to pour in slowly like the instruction in the video but I completely forgot about it).



I served the cupcakes to my P and to my folks who are staying with us. They loved it! And we had friends who came over for our CFC Household and I included my pink cupcakes as dessert. It was a hit (although there were only three of them). They even thought I store bought the icing and the cupcake *grin*

P teased me that it was only one try and I shouldn't feel so smug. But I can't help it! I have baked a cupcake and used a mixer! I can be on Masterchef! hahaha.

Just kidding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...