Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bumbo Dumbo Me!

Today, in a fit of retail therapy (I realized when I became a mom that baby stores and baby shopping have become my panacea for a bad day), I purchased the bumbo chair without any research beforehand.

Now, while browsing the net, I came across this article by chance:

My heart almost stopped when I read the article. Did I just buy a contraption that would, eeek, hurt my baby? Did I just pay 66 SGD for something utterly useless?

Thankfully, before I hit my head on the wall, I read the comments. And realized it was a "joke only" article. Although the humor escaped me, I sighed with relief. I wasn't so clueless to buy this after all. But next time, read up first before giving in to retail, especially when it's for my litte P!

This was a close one. whew. This clueless mommy will need to sleep this off. 



 

4 comments:

  1. I know a number of people who have owned one and loved it, so your fine :) New follower from Mommy Bloggers Club, have a great week! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/
    Stop by my blog when you get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! :) I was really so worried. hahah. the perils of window shopping. By the way, I love your blog! Just exactly what I need. Would definitely try your recipes and other home made goodies soonest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a similar seat and found it useful for the early days of sitting up :)

    A new friend here from The Eco-Friendly Family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda! My baby still can't sit on his own. But he positively dislikes just lying down. hehe.
    I love your post about the cloth diapers. I initially wanted to use one when I was pregnant, but changed my mind when my sitters (the grandparents) refused to wash the poo away and begged me to buy the disposable ones. lolz.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...