Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Project: Marco for 365 Days

When I was a preggy mom and lugging around baby P inside the belly, I promised myself I would take at least one pic of him everyday. Then for his 1st bday, I would compile it into an album called Baby in 365 Days (or something like that. I was hard pressed to think of a rather imaginative title that time).

How hard could it be right? It should be no effort to take pictures of my adorable baby and I already had the perfect point and shoot camera.

What I didn't account for was how time consuming baby-caring can be. And I had a bit of the postpartum blues (or maybe just nasty shots of hormone-driven anger flowing into my system every other day). Plus I had to work for a part of my maternity leave.

So now four months later, I find myself scrounging around my SD, my husband's SD , our cellphones and iPad for baby P's pictures. It is painstaking work but really fun. Maybe I will even create a separate blog page for that! So cool! Then compile it into an album from Photobook Singapore. Or a DIY scrapbook (hmm should find a mommy blog teaching how to create those).


Just looking at his pictures from 3 months ago made me realize my baby P is growing up so fast. Maybe even too fast! Makes me sad and happy at the same time.


I get a bad case of ningas cogon*** everytime I start a project. So I am documenting in my new blog with you my ever supportive mommy friends as witnesses that today, September 15 marks the start of my first baby arts and crafts project! (clap clap clap)

***ningas is a NEGATIVE trait where you start to do something but fail to follow through with it to the end. Definitely something I should (SHOULD) remove from my system.hehehe.


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I regret not taking more pictures of my kids when they were babies.

    Check out my blog when you get a chance.
    http://dvrdame.blogspot.com/

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did an entire post on how I incorporate and store pictures! I love looking back at the pictures I have taken of my kiddos, so many little things you forget as time goes on!

    New Follower,

    When you get a chance, please stop by my blog
    www.barefootnparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Dvr Dame and Loraine. :) Yes I feel I have taken too many pictures and I really need to organize them in some way.

    thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...